Today's auto electrical systems are getting more and more intricate, and the need for professional care is more and more necessary. Your car or truck's electrical system consists of the:
- Battery: A quick way to tell if a battery needs recharging is by observing the "eye" on the battery and being able to determine what the color of the eye is telling you. Before replacing any battery due to a failure, always have the battery and the car or truck's electrical system tested for proper functioning. Replacing a dead battery only to have another shortly after due to a weak alternator or a drain on the system is not only frustrating, it can also be expensive and dangerous.
- Alternator: The alternator produces the electricity used to maintain battery storage charge and to help run all the electrical accessories, including the ignition and the engine control systems. With the demands placed on the system by heat and by other electrical devices, like high powered stereos, running lights, etc., the alternator and battery are highly stressed components of your vehicle's electrical system. The average alternator now usually lasts 3 to 4 years, which is why a prematurely dead battery may actually be caused by a dead alternator. A thorough diagnosis of the alternator and the electrical system by a professional is the best route to find the root of the problem.
- Starter: The last major electrical component in your car's electrical system is used only a few times a day but is the single largest power user and most critical to your car's operation - its starter. It's quite common to replace the starter drive only to have to buy another starter in a few months because the brushes wore out, a magnet broke, the solenoid failed, among other common mishaps. Replace the starter as a unit and have the electrical system checked by a professional at the same time to prevent further problems.
Your car or trucks's electrical system should be completely checked and tested every two years or whenever serviced for any type of driveability problem. Many problems associated with day-to-day driveability are caused by voltage variations and must be the first step in troubleshooting any problem. When you experience any of these problems, come see us - your local auto electrical system experts - for repairs!
Why Choose Us?
- WE SERVICE ALL YEARS, MAKES, AND MODELS OF VEHICLES
- Customer lounge equipped with computer workstation, WIFI, big screen TV, complimentary beverages, clean restrooms, and kid's play area.
- We offer a 3 year, 36,000 mile warranty
- Customer shuttle service and loaner cars available
- We welcome fleet vehicles and extended warranty contracts
- Service by ASE Certified Technicians
- FREE 12 MONTH ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE on all work orders over $25